View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Apr 26, 2018 6:03 am

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 
War declared on music software piracy 
CASA maestro

Peter Tuerk of Turnkey Music has declared war on music software piracy.

He writes:

WAR HAS BEEN DECLARED ON ALL MUSIC SOFTWARE PIRATES
This is only addressed to anyone who finds themselves on the WRONG SIDE OF CORRECT MUSIC PRODUCTION SOFTWARE use.
Unfortunately we have no option but to make the message loud and clear.

I am angry and this is now a personal matter.
Buying pirated software , using pirated software , distributing pirated software , earning an income through either using or teaching on pirated software IS THE SAME AS DEALING IN STOLEN GOODS.

It is a CRIMINAL ACT and we will prosecute anyone reported as being one of the above.
Interestingly enough syndicated software piracy is often part of a larger syndicate that is linked to other criminal activity.

Having just returned from a meeting with Commercial Crimes Division and an attorney specializing in copyright law , I have made a personal commitment to ensure that ANYONE REPORTED as being involved in the using illegal music production software or the sale , production or distribution of music production software is CRIMINALLY PROSECUTED and SUED by an attorney specializing in copyright law.
A CRIMINAL CASE AND A CIVIL CASE WILL BE OPENED AGAINST THE INDIVIDUAL OR BUSINESS OR INSTITUTION.

CRIMINAL PROSECUTION
>Criminal Charge will be opened against any such person
> Lawful arrest and imprisonment as a criminal – because even though you may think it is only software piracy you are still USING STOLEN PROPERTY
> The criminal prosecution will take place just as all criminal cases do with the possibility of a jail term , fine or both
> You will have a criminal record when the verdict of guilty is delivered

CIVIL CASE
Ø The lawsuit against an individual , the business or institution will be for LOSS OF REVENUE
Ø The lawsuit will be opened by both ourselves as the distributor as well as the Manufacturer [ Steinberg , Native Instruments , Prop Heads etc]

ADDITIONAL MEASURES:
NAME AND SHAME the perpetrators in the public name and amongst their peers in all possible forums
We will make sure the entire industry is made aware of WHO IS USING PIRATED SOFTWARE [ 10 000 subscribers]

REWARD OFFERED for the successful conviction and prosecution:
For the reporting of anyone using , selling & distributing pirated software.
I promise you your name will be kept confidential and the case against the culprits will be established by the detectives from Commercial Crimes.
Please call me personally on 082 4429095 (Peter Tuerk)
Or feel free to drop me an email.

This matter really came to a head this morning and enough is enough.
I do not care what excuses are bandied about for USING PIRATED SOFTWARE!
You are stealing and the same action will be followed as with any OTHER CRIMINAL.

Scenarios :
Everyone of these scenarios has happened and continues to happen!

Ø If you are in the industry as a music retailer YOUR LIVELIEHOOD IS BEING STOLEN! And you have to do something about it!
Including making sure there is NO SOURCE OF PIRATED SOFTWARE from your own shop [ under the counter]
Please make sure ALL THE SOFTWARE LOADED on your IN STORE DEMO COMPUTERS is LEGAL SOFTWARE

Ø If you are in the industry as an EDU FACILITY taking students money BUT USING PIRATED SOFTWARE to teach from you are breaking the law and CAN BE PROSECUTED ON VARIOUS LEVELS
Please also check that YOUR STUDENTS are not being sold pirated software “ internally “

Ø If you are using PIRATED SOFTWARE in your band , your studio or anywhere else HOW CAN YOU COMPLAIN WHEN YOUR MUSIC IS BEING PIRATED and musicians today are losing millions to piracy.

Ø Piracy is Piracy no matter how you try and justify it to yourself

Ø You are COMMITING A CRIME.

Mon Jul 18, 2011 7:14 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 1 post ]