View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Dec 11, 2017 5:51 am

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
New carols??? 

I am not sure how much radio everybody listens to, but during this festive season I have heard so many different, new and fresh versions to Christmas Carols. From Jazz to RnB, Hip-Hop to African. For a change I could listen and enjoy carols, often I find then cheesy.
Do you think we will ever have new carols being composed and actually becoming standards or will our children's children's children still be singing "Hark the herald angels sing..."
Have a Merry Christmas!!!

Tue Dec 20, 2005 11:48 pm
Profile WWW
CASA regular

Well..lots of people try to write Christmas songs and record albums full of them, but I guess they are not widespread enough to become globallly accepted.

Also, people have written new Happy Birthday songs but the good ol' faithful one is the one that everyone still sings. (I know there were problems for a long time with copyright issues and if you used it in a movie you had to pay large bags of cash to two old ladies in the USA who wrote the original)

Anyway, Silent Night is guaranteed to make people feel warm and fuzzy for at least another 200 years......

Tue Jan 10, 2006 1:16 pm
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]