View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Dec 11, 2017 5:47 am

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 
A Blerrie Great day!! 
CASA maestro

Man, today was just one of those days when everything happened all at once. Which is just as well because yesterday was one of those paranoid days when no-one answered their phones or returned their calls, except the one guy who told me that none of the three songs I pitched got onto his album. grrrrrrboohhoooo!! :cry:

Today started with breakfast in bed, followed by a quick trip to EMI to sign some deeds. Then I had to lug myself to SAMRO in town to drop of some papers, and I was not looking forward to the traffic. I mentioned this to Anabela at EMI, and they offered to hand deliver my stuff to SAMRO for me. Strike 1!

On the way home I stop of at the local Musica, and at last they have my "Panic!At the disco" CD I ordered yonks ago! "I chime in with-a havent you people ever hear of closing the gawddamn door no!!!" all the way home!

...and I got there just in time to take a call from a guy who is heading up the Afrikaans dept at one of the big5 record companies(cant name names yet). He was at a show I did on the weekend and freaked out over some songs from my upcoming solo album. Great. That means when I am done with it, there will be a tug between at least 3 of the big companies for it.And BTW he says, can I come see him about writing some songs for some of their other artists. Strike 2!

Barely do I put the phone down or Mathys Roets calls. I pitched a song at him a while ago. He fell in love with it and wants more. Strike 3!

I celebrate all this by taking my wife out to dinner(sushi-my fav), and on the way back get a message on the phone from Dozi's manageres, freaking out about the little tune I got on his latest album (out in a month or so) calling it "the follow up to "Ou Ryperd"".... man....Man Down! :D

Now I am watching some beautifull soccer (no Bafana Banana!) while smoking a cherry flavoured cigar! Ain't life a peach :wink:

Scary thing is tomorrow can only go downhill from here.....I think I will lock myself in the studio :wink:

Tue Jun 13, 2006 10:45 pm
Reply to topic   [ 1 post ]